Conversation Starter: What Do You Say After "Hello"?
Host: Rhea Burns, The Clever Office - Owner/Operator
This Week’s Sponsor: Margarite Karamitanis, Image By Design
Pictured: Rhea Burns, Margarite Karamitanis
Approaching people in enclosed groups, saying hello is not enough, pick out things that you can compliment someone on, the colour of their shirt or an accessory. What can you say to someone that would make them feel comfortable talking with you. Ask a question so they can talk about themselves. "That's interesting, what's that about?", push aside the fear... about rejection or looking 'like a fool'... Is it different from personal to business? Be genuine. Find common ground.
Join us for a Clever Conversation, every Wednesday morning from 8:30am to 10:00am at The Clever Office for more positive influences on your personal, professional and business development. The coffee is hot and tea is in the pot.
Thank you to our Facebook fans for 1000 Likes!!
Pictured: Laura LaChance, Margarite Karamitanis, Garion Scott, ......., Rhea Burns, Paula Moore, Jeannine Falconbridge, Lorraine Leslie, Ava Zaritzky, Janet Auty-Carlisle, Wayne Wood, Harold Zukerman, Meghan Berofsky, Bob Milthorpe
Continue the Conversation with these Questions/Statements:
Questions/Statements are written out by the host based on the thoughts or triggers the host has, or based on the reaction of other attendees.
Here are 5 of the questions/statements from this week’s notes:
- All information is good and important - Quickly analyze whether it is important to my goals!
- Put a timeline on what you want to spend in research
- Are you actually curious about the information? Ask questions of myself & ANSWER before everything I read and all information I gather - What is my goal and HOW does this apply to me?
- Perfection is being as good as I can be
- You can bring your integrity to the table instead of trying to be perfect.